View Single Post
Old 11.05.2017, 02:34 PM   #50277
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
50/50... love the drums, HATE the singing

why do musicians so rarely have the decency to shut the fuck up and just play their instruments?

I don’t know, but I often wish music had less vocals and fewer lyrics. One of the biggest problems with pop, I think, is an insistence on filling every second with words, many of which are bullshit. Most of my favorite artists know how to balance having a lyrical/vocal presence with letting the music stay the focus, and giving instrumentals room to breathe.

One thing prog-rock got right, that. And post-Punk. Even the best hip-hop, the most vocally cluttered genre, gives us breathing room. The worst is usually just words.

This is one of the reasons why I’m such a frequent listener of electronic music. Sometimes I just want to think and live with music playing. I don’t always want to sing along or whatever.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|