View Single Post
Old 06.25.2009, 01:41 PM   #11
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I'm not talking "influence". I have no problem with that. if I did, you would hear me being a fascist about everything after The Velvet Underground.

I'm talking straight-up rip-off.

-the beat for Down In It was jacked straight from Dig It. it IS Dig It.

more?

-the video to "Hurt" includes Trent performing from behind a back-lit white screen, exactly as Skinny Puppy used to perform "Harsh Stone White".

-he inserted himself into Pigface and Revolting Cocks (despite not being "gasp" industrial himself) in an effort to develop "scene-cred". it didn't fucking work. his fan base of jocks and poseurs wouldn't dream of seeing either of those two bands

^^^as a funny side story to this, he's apparently had his RevCo tattoo lasered-off. at least, I've not seen it in pictures for almost 20 years. I saw Ohgr's a couple months ago.

let's see....more?

-he made Dave Ogilvie (long time Puppy producer and one-time member) the producer of his Marilyn Manson crap (which, with Ogilvie at the helm, wasn't all that bad....even if it also sounds like Skinny Puppy-lite).

-he has a side project named "Tapeworm" (a Nivek Ohgr song from Pigface's Gub album).

-he has a pet dog named "Skinny" that he face-fucks each night while humming along to Stairs and Flowers (ok...I made that one up, but it seems plausible).

so...yeah....bring on the Thurston Moore. why the fuck not?

Yes, ^that just happened
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|