View Single Post
Old 01.27.2016, 12:09 PM   #65
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niklas
Hi!

I used to listen a lot to Sonic Youth in the 90s together with bands like Pavement, Yo La Tengo and Blonde Redhead.

Somehow I got into other areas of music and now it seems impossible to find a way back. Which bands and artists are the Sonic Youths of the 2010:s?

If you have any ideas, feel free to share them and get me back on track!

/Niklas

As you can tell from the responses, there are lots of ways to interpret this inquiry. My musical core is Sonic Youth, Pavement, Dinosaur Jr, Pixies, PJ Harvey, etc. I'll stretch the range to 2000 through 2016. Here are the bands that have put out more than 2 or 3 very good-to-great records over that time period:

Spoon
PJ Harvey
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Deerhunter
Tame Impala
Broadcast
Deerhoof
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Kurt Vile
St. Vincent
M83