View Single Post
Old 08.12.2013, 02:42 AM   #144
Christina Carter
empty page

Christina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's assesChristina Carter kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I like seeing women play guitar too, but I would rather watch the girl from Boris any day over Christina or Elisa. She is more of a "guitarist," rather than someone holding a guitar as a means to an end.

I apologize if my reply gets posted twice and also if this is not as eloquent or succinct as the first, which has not been published as of now. (I don't know if I did not reply correctly before.)

Although I am not offended by this misperception of my attitude or approach to music, I feel it is a fundamental misunderstanding of the same. And although I have generally refrained from making comments on misunderstandings about what I do, in this case it is too important to me.

I do not consider guitar to be a means to and end or merely a sound source. Quite the contrary. Guitar has been my actively chosen instrument for the past 20 plus years. I consider it a singular instrument and irreplaceable in what I do.

It's true that I haven't had any interest in developing the ability to jump into absolutely any music situation with a codified set of techniques and skills. At the same time, I have continued to develop my own way of playing. Yes, techniques: internal translated to the external. I have worked on developing my 'Craft' and dexterity as dictated by my own judgement, mind, physical strength, emotion, ear, etc.

I do consider myself a guitarist. And, I think my work in Charalambides and (especially) my solo work bears this out.

A guitar is not something I simply hold in my hands. It is the extension of particular and dedicated living expression. Chosen and honored.
Christina Carter is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|