View Single Post
Old 08.29.2014, 09:12 PM   #970
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I really love through and through is The Don Killuminati. Hurt M-Badd's beats were so much more fitting for Pac's style than those handled by Dre.

Honestly I think it's the only 2pac album that feels like the work of a genius. If not for that record, Specifically "Hail Mary," I don't think I'd have much to say about Pac.

Then again if not for In Utero I don't think I'd still be on Kurt's dick 20 years later. *shrug*

7 Day Theory is indeed Pac's masterpiece, it is one of the most original, brilliant, and thought provoking rap records, indeed musical records of any genre, period. That encapsulated everything that was perfection within Pac's styles. It was gangsta yet it was overtly political. It was intelligent yet it was totally crudely street. It was feminist yet it was misogynistic. It was honest but it was also veiled. And the beats and music were totally innovative for rap music. It was almost like a fucking gangsta rap art-rock record yo..

You would also like All Eyez On Me if you like this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
Pac was really into poetry. As such, he does a lot of cool stuff w/ Onomatopoeia, slant rhymes, enjambment... it's just a lot of it is lost on most people because they're paying more attention to the lyrics.

"Picture perfect, I paint a perfect picture" <--- he loved cramming in a bunch of the same consonant in a single line like that. Y'know?

or what about

"Don't trust my lady, cause she's a product of this poison
I'm hearin noises, think she fuckin all my boys, can't take no more
I'm fallin to the floor; beggin for the Lord to let me in
to Heaven's door -- shed so many tears"

^all in rapid delivery.

Exactly!! Pac's style of rhyming is totally underrated in its originality and complexity. He didn't freestyle well but he could construct crazy rhyme patterns and again, used his cadence and delivery to make it work in the right timing. We just won't see that again, a rapper who so thoroughly challenges the conventions of rap music while not being in the least pretentious about it.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|