Thread: the other news
View Single Post
Old 01.10.2019, 10:01 AM   #18
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
well first of all, the Russia vs. Ukraine clash.
There's been a war going on in Ukraine since 2015, resulting in Crimea breaking away from Ukraine and being absorbed by Russia. Though Russians never claimed it was them attacking Ukrainian regions, they said those were just separatists wanting to exit Ukraine and joining Russia.
Then there's this whole operation called Hybrid war, maybe you've heard about it. Russia is paying trolls to stir shit all around European interwebz to undermine the position of European Union and to inject insecurity into people's minds. I see it around Facebook everyday - anonymous trolls attacking liberal values, spreading fear of immigrants and saying how Russia is doing great and how Putin is the greatest emperor. And the sad thing is that people are buying it and the result is that 10% of the people here in Slovakia would vote for an openly fascist political party.
It's terrifying.

And Orban has turned Hungary, which was a very successful emerging market, into yet another dictatorship. He's banned free press (or, better said, his oligarchs has bought out majority of newspapers and newsportals) and he's also spreading fear of non-existent immigrants who want to "destroy the traditional Hungarian culture"

believe me, Europe has been nuts lately.
oh yeah im aware of the general ukraine situation and europe in the throes of various right wing populist waves under putinks influence but i lost track of the ukranian ship seizure business, in part due to american lack of response, which makes it not get fed into the news funnel here.

which is precisely why im trying to remove the trumpy blinders— they can be too much distraction from what’s going on anywhere he’s not involved.

speaking of which, looks like may is fucked...

2nd referendum?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|