View Single Post
Old 03.28.2022, 05:09 PM   #25083
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
oh right there may be spoilers

**LICORICE PIZZA SPOILERS**

so yeah there was a lot of running which was a bit corny hahaha but i can't even remember the last shot. cut to black is for french endings though lol.

the cringe was supposed to be ultracringe which... it's the 70s and they had to deal with the asshole. (eta and apparently based on a real dude from that era). on the racial front there's also the whole jewish thing with the girl and the agent etc. again, the 70s.

i saw the mayoral thing as central to her attempt to, you know, "grow up," only to find out how much adults suck. also there is a bit of a free enterprise vs government going on thematically, which i enjoyed somewhat, but everyone injects their own interpretations and mine provided a symmetry of sorts inside my head. more broadly, there is a lot of rules and rulebreaking, and the people making the rules (cops, politicians, elders, producers, authoritarian parents, deranged customers) are the ones who suck in this story. im not saying it's "right" but it's how the story operates (e.g. i kept expecting the helper kids to die horrifically smashed inside the truck, but the laws of physics didn't apply to them).

ah the unresolved bit... yeah i saw it coming from 5 miles ahead, but sometimes the audience needs their hand held. nevertheless i think the exposition fits a rollicking rambling movie of this style which is not about things implied or french endings. it's *all* said, longwindedly and hilariously and cringeworthily and so on. like several of its characters (and yes fucking bradley cooper hahahahah) this movie in itself is a bit of a motormouth lol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOb4QNHW_Ss

lol i wanna watch it all over again and laugh.

Fair, fair. And yeah I remember the Jewish nose stuff. Ugh.
Good film though, don’t get me wrong. I really enjoyed it, but it stopped short of being GREAT for me.

Re: the campaign, I was more talking about the aide character who, it seemed, Alana had a connection with, and just as the film is setting that up is says NOPE, OTHER STUFF! And I guess I would have rather had more Bradley Cooper being a psychopath
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|