View Single Post
Old 05.11.2016, 05:42 PM   #1918
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
SFAD, unless you've changed your opinion about Kanye, or suddenly become a Kendrick fan, then sadly no. It's been kind of a bitchass year for hip-hop as a genre. I feel like TLOP barely qualifies as a hip-hop album, and untitled unmastered. barely qualifies as an album, despite being tremendously awesome.

Not sure how you feel about Chance, but C3 is the only thing I have on my hip-hop radar right now.

I've gotta say, however, that everyone in the café seems to be far less in touch with mixtape and underground rap culture than we have been in past years. If you scroll through Flipboard under the Hip-hop topic, there are a bunch of new kids with dreads making names for themselves and getting a lot of traction in that community. But personally, I feel like I must have hit a wall... maybe I'm too far removed age-wise from the kids making this music to appreciate or understand it.

So I probably shouldn't say it been a bitchass year. Rather, it's been a largely uninteresting year, where for the first time in a long time, established artists and big names are having more of an impact on me than anyone on the come up.

I don't fucking get lil Yachty. I don't want to get him. I'm chillin' with Kanye, Kendrick, Beyonce, PJ and Radiohead. yup.
I still try to keep my eye on the most notable "underground" hip hop releases, even if I don't mention them in this thread (which usually just means I didn't find them good enough).. trust me..
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|