View Single Post
Old 08.28.2007, 03:26 PM   #20
Disgruntled Youth
the end of the ugly

Disgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's assesDisgruntled Youth kicks all y'all's asses
I got into this album heavily it was my first full SY album I listened to. I got into every album afterward. First time I heard SY's music was on Pump Up the Volume after that the Judgement Night soundtrack. But Washing Mashine in my opinion is full on noise & good music, I guess it might have to do something with being baked riding through the city on my skateboard & somehow it all made sense to me. I have a deep appreciation for this album & it's my favorite work by SY second to that would be Sister then DDN then Evol & 1000 leaves. All other albums aren't the same I have most of their stuff but Washing Mashine is the Cream of the crop!!! Why don't you write the reasons you dislike an album like RR? I like RR but it's just soft compared to WM. WM is raw & gritty plus it makes me think what's behind those lyrics or how they made certain effects which are rare in later SY albums. Skip Tracer is my fav. Lee song & Diamond Sea is unique nobody can make an album like WM it's just got so much going on.

"Drink Guinness & live,
Hate Guinness & die"
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Disgruntled Youth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|