View Single Post
Old 10.22.2017, 07:15 PM   #21711
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
well yeah star wars is definitely a much more popular movie—it’s actually a religion.

and yeah, star wars begins with a huge chunk of exposition in those fucking opening credits— but star wars is also dumb as bricks and so any 11 year old can get the idea very quickly.

i don’t give a shit/judge the quality of a movie by ticket sales (or, ultimately, awards, except as a measure of its cultural impact at the time), but big movies are a mass medium and the box office does definitely will have an impact on the potential making of sequels.

in a way im glad this is the end— because i would much rather see it fail financially than turned into some hokey piece of crowd-pleasing bullshit.

Wait. Who said it was “the end?”

I think the plot is wide open for a potential third volume, but I expect it will take a LONG time for it to be made. Labor of love from some talented next-gen director. Though I guess there is a bit of an incentive to do it sooner rather than later, as Harrison Ford is getting up there.

Oh well. I’m satisfied. If a third movie did happen, I would be nervous all over again about the legacy being ruined. A legacy that’s now twice as big.

Hope it gets a Best Picture nod, ticket sales or no ticket sales. Sometimes big movies are just, like, actually really fucking good. Like The Godfather. Or Gladiator. Or (yea-huh!) The Dark Knight. This is one of those times, and it it would be folly not to give this film its asterisk in history by nominating it for BP.

#BR4BP
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|