View Single Post
Old 10.22.2017, 01:34 PM   #21703
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
MOAR SPOILLARZ FOR THE UNWARY

no, it is not a mystery anymore and hasn’t been for ages. even the new blade runner is now evidently a replicant himself. so that mystery was solved and delivered and wrapped in a bow.

Not just “evidently.” They put it right out there, front and center, no fucking about like 5 minutes in. That threw me. Ok, this one is a robot, knows it, and is cool with that. Huh. Moving on!

Quote:
the new movie made a point to say that deckard was not just a replicant, but that his creation/programming was designed to impregnate rachel—it’s in the dialogue. so, tyrell found the secret of reproduction (gonna guess “love” is the secret) which continues to elude gut-cutting wallace or what was his name. i’ll keep calling him leto. like in dune.

Oh, see, I don’t think I caught that bit. Thanks.

Quote:
the problem is that brief exposition is not sufficient to make these points clear in such an epic scenario. the movie relies too much on exposition and backstory from the outset. i’ve been saying from day 1 that it might be a little inaccessible for the uninitiated. and it is, obviously. and that’s a problem. makes for a confusing story if you weren’t already in it.

See, I figured the number of “uninitiated” was nearly non-existent after 30 years of it being a classic. I guess I misjudged though.

Nobody was lost during Star Wars: the Phantom Menace. Blade Runner is obviously better than every Star Wars movie, so I figured nobody would have any trouble. Shows what I know.

Oh well. Sucks to be those people who decided for some reason to not ever watch Blade Runner. Who the fuck would.... y’know what? Never mind. Whatever. Means it’s still a little bit “mine”/“ours” and a little bit not “theirs,” and I’m OK with that. Ticket sales be damned. Great fucking movie.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|