View Single Post
Old 10.22.2017, 10:37 AM   #21701
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
MOAR SPOILLARZ FOR THE UNWARY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
The HQ with the pools and such was on Earth.
At the end, sociopath-android was taking Deckard off-world, where presumably he would be tortured or simply fucked with until he gave up the info Wallace needed/wanted.

But yeah, I wondered about the whole “Home” thing for a sec too.

I think they were actually going out of their way not to say “DECKARD IS A REPLICANT,” because all the references to that little revelation were pretty vague. I mean, the plot would have worked if only Rachel was a replicant, and she gave birth to a child that was half human. So, I think they were trying to avoid just totally shitting in the cereal of fans who wanted their mystery preserved.

no, it is not a mystery anymore and hasn’t been for ages. even the new blade runner is now evidently a replicant himself. so that mystery was solved and delivered and wrapped in a bow.

the new movie made a point to say that deckard was not just a replicant, but that his creation/programming was designed to impregnate rachel—it’s in the dialogue. so, tyrell found the secret of reproduction (gonna guess “love” is the secret) which continues to elude gut-cutting wallace or what was his name. i’ll keep calling him leto. like in dune.

the problem is that brief exposition is not sufficient to make these points clear in such an epic scenario. the movie relies too much on exposition and backstory from the outset. i’ve been saying from day 1 that it might be a little inaccessible for the uninitiated. and it is, obviously. and that’s a problem. makes for a confusing story if you weren’t already in it.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|