View Single Post
Old 05.22.2013, 05:12 AM   #51
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I did mean abusive both in the physical and psychological sense of the word and I have also used yours and sway's attitudes on this thread as examples of the sort of sceptical scrutiny a woman who has been mistreated in a relationship often has to put up with, particularly from other males around her. You are both trying to find a fault in her statements to the press, when we are talking about someone who has been very private about her own personal life for years and years, so I don’t understand why she shouldn’t tell it straight now. I don't get why you both continue to doubt that she's not been cheated on. And yes, there is more to the story, probably, but who said there isn’t?

I don't doubt it, I'm just not going to act as if I know for sure when I don't. And beyond that, again, the act itself..whatever happened...should not in my opinion be public knowledge. I respect Thurston's right to keep it private more than I support hers to make it public. I still do support her right to say whatever she wishes, but only in the sense that I support anyone's right to say anything they wish. I do not have to like nor appreciate it. Making it public causes fans to frown on individuals that have no real right to frown on them for. If you cheat on someone, do I have the right to know? I mean, in all fairness I "know" you better than I know Thurston. At least in the way that I've actually communicated with you in some way beyond a quick photograph and a handshake. Should I dislike you for cheating on someone I don't know especially if I don't know all the details? I support Thurston's wishes for this to not be public. Unfortunately it already is. I thought they did a good job when it was just "we're seperating future of band unknown". In all fairness, even then, I think most of us (myself included) had a sneaking hunch as to what likely happened and sure, it was along the lines of what Kim said. Still, I think it can be more complex that what you (someone I do consider to be intelligent, mind you) and a few others are making it out to be.

It's not a black and white scenario, man. Fact (DISCLAIMER: I DO BELIEVE KIM) abuse "victims" have been known to lie. I don't think she's lying, but I think, based off of little tidbits of things T. has said, that there could POSSIBLY (<big word) be more to it. If not...whatever. I don't give a shit. I do find this thread fun. At least folks are talking about sonic youth again. I just hate it's gotta be...this.