Thread: Syd Barrett
View Single Post
Old 01.22.2012, 06:47 AM   #3
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelle
The Piper at the gates of dawn.
I agree, Pink Floyd´s Piper is mostly Barretts greatest masterpiece! But you have to remember, that this great record don´t include Floyd´s great first singles, Arnold Layne and See Emily Play that were also Barrett songs (I don´t know do some cd-version include them?). EMI has released a Floyd compilation in the seventies ( with two different names the Best Of Pink Floyd and Masters of Rock) where are those first singles and also great b-side Candy and the Current bun. There are also the third Barret single Apples and Oranges and other Floyd classics: Julia dream, Paint Box, It Would Be So Nice. But even Barrett´s solos are not as great as the material he made with the Floyd, I think they´re also worth of listening. Maybe you can start that compilation that came two years ago (an Introduction to Syd Barrett) because there is both Floyd and his solo material.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|