View Single Post
Old 12.12.2009, 12:53 AM   #49
cagedbird
the destroyed room

cagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's assescagedbird kicks all y'all's asses
True, Newfoundland, I didn't find much that surprised me, either, on The Eternal. It all feels familiar. But I still enjoy them, as a band, for all their work, as a whole. Does that make sense? I mean what they have done in the past changes how I listen to them in the present, ie on The Eternal. When I wasn't thrilled with The Eternal, I put on Daydream Nation and soaked in the sonic levels of that. Then I returned to The Eternal looking for new things, like the pure sonic charge of a rock record. I'm not too sure of myself on this. All I know is that contrasting The Eternal with previous works made my experience of it more challenging, if not surprising.
cagedbird is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|