Thread: Country music?
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2007, 03:18 PM   #24
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
I must say, I like some country music. But not the Nashville-pop scene with Garth Brooks (a no-talent douchebag, and I dont mind saying so), Keith Urban (who has nothing urban about himself), etc. etc. who think they're just good ol' boys and are in turn really making a fucking fortune of the stupidity and tone deaf ears of stupid white people. I like REAL country music: Woody Guthrie (more of a folkie), Bob Dylan (folk/country), Neil Young (folk/country), and yes the Meat Puppets do wonderfully as well.

I could just never understand the appeal of all this country music crap though. It's annoying Southern Drawl vocals, way too twangy guitars, stupid subject matter (drankin' and fightin' and fuuuckin' and beatin' yo baby's mama), it's just trite jackassery. But when Guthrie, Dylan and Young do it, it had soul, a genuine life force of it's own. Country western has the potential to have wonderful songs written, but so few people can do it properly. Every single time I see or hear a jackass on tv/radio singin about bein drunk and depressed I want to find out where they live and stab them in the face with a soldering iron.

"Yes. Pick up your puppy."
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|