View Single Post
Old 03.26.2006, 10:21 AM   #9
top 40 squeeze
bad moon rising

top 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's assestop 40 squeeze kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Are you saying you think they're perfectly rated? I think DJ Shadow and Outkast might be underappreciated - I haven't listened to the other two enough to conclude anything on them.

I would say Outkast are actually perfectly appreciated. They nail both pop single overplayed crowd, the I'm gonna listen to a whole record that's really well put together, consistant, and downright artistic, the critical-aclaim angle. I mean I feel like their appreciated on different levels by a wide variety of different types of people that listen to music for different reasons. Not everyone might get that their music is deaper than just "Hey Ya..." booty shake, play the song till its dead, but their is a huge group of people that listen for more than the pop in the Outkast. That places them as solidly rated, in my opinion, cause they are multi-dimensional, and I think fully appreciated . A similar thing can be said about the Beatles... Its just that so much has been said about The Beatles that it's just head-explode awful... and one feels the urge to call them overrated.
top 40 squeeze is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|