Thread: bowie
View Single Post
Old 08.17.2007, 09:11 AM   #112
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I said "In General."

I do have a very hard time with Buddy Guy though, and I'm sorry, but B.B. King is probably the most overpaid musician on earth.

Edit:
I generally do not take offense to differences of opinion, especially with Rob (who is a very civil person in these matters), but I will not be called "ignorant."
That is a word that implies that I have spent no time with this type of music, thought about it in an honest way and come out with a reasonable conclusion in a MATTER OF TASTE. I never said these people didn't know their way around a guitar (though BB King has admitted to not knowing chords and I'm pretty sure he can't sing and play at the same time) and I never said they lacked dedication to their craft.
The fact that I don't care for the sound of electric blues guitarists most of the time is a taste issue and I think it's a reasonable position to have. I would never say Steve Vai or Joe Satriani were not proficient at what they do, but I don't think it's unreasonable to say that a lot of people (myself included) find that style a huge turnoff. Same situation here.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|