Thread: shoegaze
View Single Post
Old 08.26.2009, 10:34 AM   #26
kierkegaarden
children of satan

kierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asseskierkegaarden kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
are cocteau twins technically considered shoegaze? cuz i fucking love them! i don't care!

I think they could be so marginally by the "dreampop" association.

I have a soft spot for some of the current noisier incarnations of shoegaze, much of what happened in the Virginia scene (Skywave, Alcian Blue) that migrated to NYC (APTBS, Screen Vinyl Image). None of the shit like Asobi Sucksu or Fleeting Joys are in the least bit interesting beyond being fines example of how well a band of competent musicians can emulate albums like Loveless or bands like Ride once their conventions have been firmly established. Fucking fetish and the regression of the listener and what not.

Now, the Goslings--an album like Grandeur of Hair--fucking inestimable.
kierkegaarden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|