View Single Post
Old 06.29.2015, 08:42 AM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Sacred means revered due to sanctity......the state of being holy or blessed.

I'm curious, what has the ability or the authority to make something sacred?

Surey the need / reason for family is something more than the economic conditions or the evolving family mentioned above?

as far as my father used to tell me (He was an Episcopal priest), if two people vow to each other to be each other's spouse, they are married in the eyes of "god" whether or not they are legally married in a civil sense. It does not, NOT, include the presence of a priest. That is just ceremony. He always told me people get married when they decide to give themselves to the other permanently, and that ussually happens WAY before the actual wedding ceremony.

civil marriage is an older institution than religious marriage, for marriage was and still is tied to the passage of inheritance, money, estates, and titles.