View Single Post
Old 08.31.2014, 11:17 PM   #18205
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
bertolucci's "novecento". badly translated as "1900" (it's more like "the 20th century" or "the 1900s").

the full 5+ hour cut.

gorgeous.

i mean, there are a lot of problems with the cross-language dubbing--some actors speak english, others italian, others french, so no version sounds perfect because you get funny voices regardless. and the movie itself is far from perfect, but the sheer scope of it, damn, i don't know, it was like reading some epic novel, and immersing yourself into its world.

and dominique sanda-- how gorgeous was she? (her english dubbing was atrocious though)

this was all, generally, fantastic. maybe i have to be outside its influence to get some critical distance but it gave me two incredible afternoons this weekend.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|