View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 11:59 AM   #7
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I've maintained for years that all these solo and side projects, limited editions, etc have actually eaten into the sales of their 'mainstream' Geffen/Matador titles, thus reducing their commercial viability. I mean, some 20-year-old fella or gal in uni can't fork out a 100 smackers for some LP with a painted cover by Thurston and John Moloney and then turn around and buy The Eternal, Smart Bar or Chelsea Light Moving, can s/he. I mean, if he or she has a choice between the latest mainstream album and some limited-edition vinyl or cassette, you know where his or her moola is heading, right? And with a limited budget, the sale of a 100-dollar album means no sales for three or four mainstream records. Common sense.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|