Thread: Nine Inch Nails
View Single Post
Old 07.29.2016, 07:35 AM   #66
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Agreed. The last season was great, I thought. The whole lead-up stories then actual reveal of Fakeblock had me rolling.

Yeah, I know! But there was such a fan backlash that I think the writers got nervous, and went back to the drawing board to do something else (an actual movie this time, last I heard, but a two/three hour "Season 5 movie" on Netflix, not the actual movie movie that's been a pipe dream since the original show's finale.

I just don't get how people could watch S4 and not want more.

I mean, that last moment was an all-time first for the show! It was actually emotionally poignant and powerful, not in a sardonic, nihilistic, "I've made a huge mistake" kind of way either.

You know what I'm talking about, I'm sure. With George-Michael (nee MaHeiress) and Michael outside Rebel Alley's apartment? The punch? The way said punch was taken, and the "ok, this is war" look that settled onto Michael's face after the shock faded? Then it all went black, and this music — real music... a welcome change of pace from the silly little "Watch us, watch us" songs, or the characters singing something ridiculous a la "Herbert Love sings to prostitutes" — comes on, and the show actually got "real" for the first time ever. Then black out.

How could anyone not want to see what was next? I'll bet they never make another episode or continue the story in any way. I'll bet we never get to find out...
- if George Sr. and Lucille actually get divorced
- if Maeby ever graduates from high school
- how many of the multiple "are they gay?" characters are gay
- what the fuck happened to Tobias after his boat blued itself
- why George Sr. had "baby level" testosterone and the "estrogen levels of a "perfectly healthy middle aged woman in her mensies"

I'm going off again, but it just really gets me.

Dammit Severian! You know you can't bring up Arrested Development without getting emotional! Damn your beautiful, romantic heart!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|