View Single Post
Old 08.20.2015, 11:33 AM   #39731
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
When? In my experience, it takes at least a decade before an issue is reintroduced after failing. You're really going to vote NO in hopes that something better will come along?

But yeah. I've heard whispers that organized crime is behind the ballot initiative. Still, I won't cry if it passes. I'll be able to grow a little and smoke a lot. Just won't be able to set up a massive farm. I'll take it.

I'm going to vote no because the ends don't justify the means in this instance. Funny, one of my co-workers, a person I'm sure you don't know (or maybe you do--know anyone who lives in Milford, Ohio?) also gave me the "at least 10 years" argument. There's nothing I know of to prevent an issue from making the ballot long before then. I therefore can only conclude that this a myth spread by the ResponsibleOhio--"Weed fans! Vote yes or it'll be another decade!"

As for organized crime, it wouldn't surprise me. Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters--who was pretty much run out of Columbus for reasons I'm sure you're aware of--is very much in favor of the issue, and the private law firm he works part time at represents ResponsibleOhio. There's no bigger crook in the state than Deters.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|