Thread: Cult Novels
View Single Post
Old 01.07.2007, 03:32 PM   #14
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'd say naked lunch, but it's considered a literary standard, so i'd say check out other buroughs and jg ballard.

Yeah, I suppose the Burroughs following that devours stuff like The Western Lands and Nova Police trilogies are fairly cult-ish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
"Perv-A Love Story" by Jerry Stahl Definately a cult novel. Partly because it hasn't been made into a movie yet. "Permanent Midnight" too but since that has been made into a film more people probobly have read it.

"Geek Love"-Kathrine Dunn This is a great novel that people seem to rediscover or someone reccomends it to them, I read it and really enjoyed it.

I've never read Perv.

Back in the nineties, this guy who was a supposedly good friend of many years (and my roommate at the particular time) stole most of my valuables and unexpectedly moved to Washington, D.C., while I was working as a cook one night.
He was the typesetter editor for "Geek Love."
Also of note was one Marquez volume and he did many of Hiassen's books too.

----------
The Secret Game by Donna Tartt is a title that's been recommended by word-of-mouth for many years now.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|