View Single Post
Old 08.03.2014, 12:51 PM   #128
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolate_ladyland
I haven't been inspired to listen to anything remotely new basically for the past 2 months. sometimes I just feel like there's too much music. it's overwhelming and daunting.

You sound like you need a good old fashioned kick in the balls no-nonsense modern no-wave masterpiece that grabs you by the balls immediately and doesn't require much thought. I know how you feel. It's why Black Bug's Reflecting The Light felt like a gift from the gods last year.

Might I suggest the album "9 Songs" by new comers Dub Thompson?
It didn't get a lot of recognition, but I had it ranked in my top five of the year before I was finished listening to the first half for the first time.

Different kind of gift from god than Black Bug's industrial post-punk horror onslaught; more of a tape hissy, lofi-til-we-die, classic no-wave noise-rock record. Really an impressive offering from such a young band.

On the inner cover of the digipack pressing from Dead Oceans, it has a photo of the two band members frenching. Two nerdy dudes making out. You can tell that they have what it takes to be a memorable force in indie punk.

DUB THOMPSON - 9 SONGS (@Boomkat)

Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|