View Single Post
Old 06.10.2009, 08:42 AM   #112
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Nothing about the way this release is being handled by Matador is too appealing to me. Just think about this for starters: Sonic Youth's only official full-length 'live album was made available in limited quantities via pre-order only!!! Ask around: virtually no one, save a few who lurk here on the official website and Matador site, knew about it! I've been talking to some record stores, online and off--they're pretty pissed about this as well. Also, it seems some people who did know about it thought that the LP was part of The Eternal package--constituting a limited edition 3-LP version of the album (sort of like what Cream did with the 2-LP version of Wheels Of Fire back in '68). Then there's this (expensive!) Japanese box set version of the album, with a booklet or something and the 'live album on disc. It seems like--for an independent--Matador has been behaving more like the majors than the majors with this album.

Considering what SY fans are like, I don't see how any of these questionable tactics are going to endear us to Matador. They owe a lot of us big-time. A Fall reissue of this precarious 'live LP is the least they can do.

I think this is one (the first?) SY release I'm going to skip on vinyl, and just get the el cheapo 12-track version of the disc.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|