View Single Post
Old 12.29.2016, 06:04 PM   #62
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wow. AOTY.com is like crack for a list addict like me.

I still check "best of the year" lists, Metacritic and whatnot, but mostly just to feel the (faint) pulse of the times. I grew out of being addicted to lists years ago, thankfully. Magnet magazine asks its interviewees to list three things (musical or otherwise) in which they're interested at the moment; here's the respective sidebar from a 2014 article on Pere Ubu (note the last "item"):

Having said all of this, I'm gonna pull a not-quite-180º and, since consensus has its casualties, make a 2016 list BUT only without titles previously mentioned on this thread. In no particular order:

Lazarus: Original Cast Recording — Various Artists. If only for the three songs on the second disc that didn't make it onto .
Wild Stab — The I Don't Cares
The Ghosts Of Highway 20 — Lucinda Williams
Just A Little More Faith And Grace — Lucinda Williams
The Ship — Brian Eno (previously mentioned, but not listed )
The Rarity Of Experience — Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band
Glitterbust — Glitterbust
Heron Oblivion — Heron Oblivion
"Not A Word"/"I Won't Let You" — Low/S. Carey
Patch The Sky — Bob Mould
Forever Sounds — Wussy
Tense Nature — Brian Case
Feelin Kinda Free — The Drones
Fallen Angels — Bob Dylan
Eyes On The Lines — Steve Gunn
Hit Reset — The Julie Ruin
Strangers — Marissa Nadler
Bury Your Name — Marissa Nadler
Glenn Kotche: Drumkit Quartets — Sō Percussion
Nocturnal Koreans — Wire
Tween — Wye Oak
If You See Me, Say Yes — Flock Of Dimes
Lovers — Nels Cline
Schmilco — Wilco
Beyond Now — Donny McCaslin
"Feel It In Your Guts" — Thurston Moore & Bernie Sanders
"Chelsea's Kiss"/"Sad Saturday" — Thurston Moore
No Waves — Body/Head
Bleed For This: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack — Julia Holter
Crab Day — Cate Le Bon
PRN — Gate
Strung Out In Heaven — Amanda Palmer & Jherek Bischoff. Anna Calvi's performance on "Blackstar" is what truly elevates this one from the sea of tributes.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|