View Single Post
Old 08.05.2008, 08:28 AM   #9
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Anybody going to any of these??

i went to the boston show last night...i'll have photos done over the next few nights. here's a recap:

saw the 'no more bush' tour that byron coley organized....it included in order of appearance:

bobb trimble
byron coley
sunburned hand of the man
valerie webber
50' woman + axoltol
damon krukowski
jack rose
zaika (tom carter + marcia bassett)
bill nace/kate village
[six organs was originally on the tour, but i asked byron what happened and he said ben had some personal issues to deal w/ and couldn't end up doing it]

i love jack, great player and really nice guy. he played a short set (like all of the acts last night, no one went on for longer than ~25-30 minutes) but was typically brilliant, and as usual when he plays boston, Glenn Jones sat in for "Linden Ave Stomp." the entire night was a ton of fun...saw loads of people i knew, and everyone was having a good time. the merch table was stocked w/ goodies. byron's wife was busy all night shifting merch (free GWB playing card w/ all purchases). i ended up getting the brand-new Zaika LP (they were pretty awesome, probably the best of the night), and a tour cd of theirs, the last copy of a Hototogisu LP, a signed copy of the T Moore/Coley hardbound book on No Wave, and an old-time sampler from Jack Rose, compiling a bunch of ancient 78s and burned to a cdr.

damon's reading in particular were howlingly funny. he runs a small publishing house called Exact Change, and he read various letters of solicitations from people looking to be published. awesome stuff. byron's readings on GWB's iPod playlists (in tanka form, a type of japanese poetry and odes to dick cheney's penis were also well-received. Sunburned was in small format, just the woman singer w/ Rob Thomas hitting a big groove on bass and Moloney playing it pretty straight on the drums, with occasional contributions from the electronics panel next to him. the 50' woman/axolotl set was the weak spot, some ho-hum feedback rock. zaika played an intertwining guitar duel that gradually unleashed the banshees until they fill all available space. Kate and Bill closed out the night w/ a rousing set of energetic noise, including some forays into and on top of various audience members (bill noticed my camera gear and granted me immunity).

very fun show, i encourage outré-rock fans who are on the tour's itinerary to check it out.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|