View Single Post
Old 09.16.2014, 09:44 PM   #1135
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
also:

Digable Planets - Blowout Comb -

I was lagging on responding to this but thank you, I haven't heard Digable Planets in 15 years and I basically totally forgot about them until you posted it and then BAM an entire portion of my brain came back into focus and I totally remembered loving them.. They were probably the most "west coast" sounding of Brooklyn groups EVER... I just love that groove, that bass, those bad ass piano fills.. PERFECT record yo. This was the sound that gave birth to one of my favorite records, Fugees the Score.. I got to order this on Amazon mp3 TONIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
my thing is I'm always a fan of short and solid records. I like a really good 40 min record honestly. I mean Midnight Mauraders is 50 mins. Just so perfect. I don't need a full hour. I need just this solid burst of genius.

For rap I like looooooong records so I can either bump the continuously in my whip or we can put them on for extended kick back sessions into the evening..

notable lengthy records includes

Tribe Called Quest The Love Movement
Slick Rick Art of Story Tellin
E-40 The Element of Surprise
Bone Thugz N Harmony Art of War
Tupac All Eyez On Me
Snoop Dogg The Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told
The Game Doctor's Advocate

all these are at least 80 minutes though Bone, E-40, and Tupac are double disc

and the most lengthy and significant of them all

Killah Priest The Psychic World of Walter Reed

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|