View Single Post
Old 09.14.2014, 07:36 PM   #1121
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Tupac Resurrections is one of the most underrated, undervalued, and under-appreciated Tupac releases EVER..

I think its because simply put, it doesn't fit into peoples' quaint narratives about Tupac. Some people want him to exclusively be all "thug" and "gangsta" and can't embrace the intellectual, spiritual, and creative side of Tupac. Others actually want to avoid the gangsta side and want to kind of ignore Tupac's more troubled past, and Resurrections doesn't sugar coat the fact that gets lost even among Tupac fans, that he wasn't a studio gangster, indeed, he actually joined the Piru M.O.B. Bloods and was out on the blocks gang-banging working towards becoming a shot caller. In fact, its probably why he was killed.

This film should be watched in tandem with Tupac Thug Angel for a full picture of just who the fuck Tupac was.. "just another wild ass n.i.g.g.a."

I'd like to read a thoroughly researched and well substantiated biography of 2Pac. While I'm pretty damn familiar with Biggie's story, (not the Hollywood story, as much as I did like Notorious, but the relatively ugly realities of Biggie's treatment of his wife and his partners; his general seediness as a human being, etc.) I feel like I would be really into an account of the period in 2pac's life to which you're referring.

I'm sure you can point me in the right direction on this, yes? I've thought about buying this FBI case notes on Tupac Shakur that's available in iBooks, but while I want realism, I'd also like it story-form. Or at the very least a consistent chronological account.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|