View Single Post
Old 10.15.2015, 01:06 PM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Blade Runner II article on CinemaBlend

Forgive me if this is dead horse topic at this point. I haven't had much time to sit around and read about pop culture lately.

I've been renovating a house in the middle of nowhere for months, and have had limited internet access and no time for entertainment or pop culture. However, with the weather changing, I'm wrapping up exterior projects for the season. This has given me with the time to stumble into an excellent job opportunity, which has allowed me to scale back the teaching I was doing to supplement my income.

So we're finally getting back in the saddle, income and communication-wise, and I've been rewarding myself by binging on news.

And what topic grabbed my interest first? The Democratic debates? No. School shootings? Not really, though solidarity to my Oregon brothers and sisters... It was the shocking realization that Blade Runner II is actually going to fucking happen.

Ridley Scott, Harrison Ford, fucking Ryan Gosling? Man, who needs Star Wars?

I read this CinemaBlend story this morning, and it pumped me right the fuck up.

But as a fan of the PKD source material, and a diehard Blade Runner lover (one of the greatest films of all time, in my opinion), I have more than a few reservations, even though they're ultimately less powerful than my curiosity.

So again, forgive me if this is old news... I know the idea has been tossed about for years, but for all I know the fact that it's a "sure thing" could be talked to death as well by now... But shit, I would really like to gauge the public response here on the SYG.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|