View Single Post
Old 01.22.2017, 02:52 PM   #20
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSoulsby
Michael Gira contributed to the book with regard to Thurston's involvement in Swans and gave a pretty fair account of its duration, nature and so forth. He reckons that Thurston's playing is potentially featured amid the live pieces from Body To Body, Job To Job - and is definitely featured on the additional disc to the recent three-CD Filth reissue. The two of them reconnected properly, after many years, last year and have rekindled their friendship.

If I may, how did this come about? I recently interview someone who wrote a bestselling book about an artist despite not being an established author at that point. Turns out this person had connections to the artist's family. It doesn't sound like you had a direct line to Thurston when you started, so how did you turn this into a reality? Was it a lengthy process, or did you find it to be relatively straightforward?

I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I would love to do something like this some day.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|