View Single Post
Old 03.14.2016, 10:25 AM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Nolan's Dark Knight Rises takes a few cues from Miller's series as well. The entire issue of Batman coming out of retirement is directly tied in with Miller.

That's one thing I really loved about the storyline of the Nolan and Bale films. For each film, they pulled from a different set of classic Batman stories. Batman Begins was largely based on Year One, and an older storyline called the Man Who Fell. Dark Knight pulled mostly from Jeph Lowb and Tim Sale's The Long Halloween, and a big from Killing Joke. But not directly from either. Dark Knigjt Rises was equal parts Dark Knight Returns, Knightfall and No Man's Land. That third film probably made the best use of high profile storylines, mixing them together to come up with a story that's better in many ways than much of the source material.

I'm really sad that Nolan's Batman is over. Really. I think there are virtually no directors who have the kind of expanse of vision or the right touch to really make the Batman world work on screen. Nolan probably sacrificed some street cred as a director to do the project, but he made it awesome and it gave him creative license to pursue big, reliably brilliant blockbuster level head trips like Inception and Interstellar.

Zach Snyder is not that kind of director. He seems to only want to do comic book movies. Which is fine, as long as he's not killing them as he almost did with Watchmen.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|