View Single Post
Old 11.25.2016, 10:38 AM   #20099
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I seemed to enjoy BvS more than most... but yes, the huge problem is that it should have been two or three films. Instead it was a mess.

Eh. I think it ultimately should have been zero films. It crapped all over the Batman world that Nolan created by filling it with fantasy and CGI crap. Batman works because he exists on his own, in his own "real world" setting, so well. Same is true of Superman. Mix them together in a film and it just doesn't fucking work. Batman is only really a powerful mythology in a world where "super" stuff doesn't really exist. Superman is a powerful mythology in an entirely different kind of world.

They pulled it off better than I thought they would, and I really enjoyed seeing it in the theatre, but I wish it just hadn't been made.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|