View Single Post
Old 02.09.2011, 04:48 PM   #292
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
Exactly.

That's why I have a problem viewing a compilation as some kind of unity, even when there's a theme and a certain degree of cohesiveness involved, there's always some randomness to it (which I like) and you gotta analyse each track individually, as you would each artist.

I've had tracks ruined by professionals who just didn't get what we were getting at, and if I could go back in time I would opt for no mastering at all in some cases. I do find it interesting, I like to be surprised by the results but I'm not alone in this and I work with someone who, unlike me, has all the technical knowlege and devotes himself to every detail.

Personally, I'm happy listening to bedroom cassette tapes or super overly produced tracks, as the essence that interests me is beyond that.

Thanks knox. At last a voice of reason.

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|