View Single Post
Old 08.04.2017, 10:58 AM   #21344
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
there are absolutely NO movies that are necessary. They are all superfluous to their source material.

how many screenplays have you read lately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
you know what I mean.

i think this movie was "necessary" to update this 40-year-old "saga" from the knee-jerk narrative of princesses needing rescue, repeatedly, as eternal recipients of male heroism and/or oppression-- from obi wan my only hope to jabba the hut's sex slave chains, enuff with the save-mes.

of course this one still perpetuates the aristocratic ideology of the series-- great individuals begetting great individuals and everyone else an anonymous blur. a bullshit obsession with parentage and ancestry. in real life "great people" tend to come from nowhere and their issue returns to the great nowhere. cue up fanfare for the common "man".

and yeah, a lot of art these days has to be about gender, and no, it's not arbitrary. the world is changing, and trumpism is the last gasp of the old dying order.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|