View Single Post
Old 06.30.2008, 08:38 PM   #48
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
I had one of the worst days I've had in quite some time, and put this on (for the first time) when I got home -- the smile on my face is beautiful.

(actually, my smile is fucking ugly as shit, but this is seriously awesome!)

k, i spent the past 3 days moving and just kept this looping in the car. must have heard it about 5 or 6 times now, it was the only thing that kept me sane (hottest weekend of the year and HUGE tourist event going on, traffic was ridiculous). it really builds up to a ferocious sqreewl of pure sound fury over the course of the hour, just a real pleasant listening experience. it definitely explores far more interesting territory than SYR6 (though i have to be honest, i don't think i've listened to that one nearly enough).

i keep zoning out midsentence so this may not be particularly cohesive, but i think fans of 'the other side' of sonic youth will greatly enjoy this release. it's definitely not just noise for noise's sake, it's quite a thrilling listen.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|