View Single Post
Old 10.01.2015, 08:26 AM   #81
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jframe

2. Swimsuit Issue - 1
Sounds like vomit.
(ahhh but only a true artist can make sonic vomit so AMAZING!!! I fucking love this song.....)

3. Theresa's Sound-World - 3
Starts off really nice and builds to that amazing guitar thing. Needs to do something cool after that, but instead goes back to the beginning.
(This song does not "need" to do anything. The glory of it is it's weird structure that hints and something yet dies off. Beautiful fucking song. Maybe in my top 5 all time sonic youth songs....)

4. Drunken Butterfly - 2
Starts off okay, and that cool guitar part is fantastic. The "I love you" chorus sounds like constipation.
(has some of my fave short and sweet noise breaks of this album. It took a little to grow on me but I love it LOUD, especially that fat riff chuk-chuk chakachaka chuk-chuk chakachaka chuk-chuk wahdah-wahhhh)

6. Wish Fulfillment - 4
Starts off sleepily nice, like many of the previous songs. But finally gives us a great punch of a chorus.
(My third favorite Lee song ever. 1. Genetic, 2. Mote)

12. Chapel Hill - 4
This starts off great. That music is where it's at. And the vocals are fine. Believe it or not, the chorus is fine, too.
(great straight up rocker)

13. JC - 2
It's okay, but it's the same thing over and over.
(This song is fucking amazing. Listen to it loud on headphones as you stare into a dark early morning night)

I love Dirty.... That tour was amazing, saw them with Pain Teens and Pavement opening up...