Thread: RIP david bowie
View Single Post
Old 02.25.2016, 10:05 AM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Genteel is truth giver.

Gaga IS talented, but she is talented in Musical Theatre, that most saccharine and inert and overly-affected of performance arts.... The best of her music is like the best of show-tunes. Not my bag, but she is talented.

Her Bowie tribute was pathetic though, especially that stupid fucking moving keyboard thing...so fucking dumb. Nothing i her Bowie-show-tune-medley gave the impression that Bowie had soulful, meaningful, important musical contributions (because he didn't), and instead showed exactly why Bowie's "music" is boring shit supported by theatrics and costumes. Bowie = KISS middling tunes, with strong vocals, and as much distracting spectacle and scenery as can be conjured up to fool the idiots into thinking the Thin White Duke was some sort of musical genius instead of just a decent pop songwriter and middling performer.

Davie Bowie and Peter Gabriel are the same in my eyes, talented, theatrical, and effectively dull.