View Single Post
Old 12.15.2018, 08:52 PM   #2293
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Gotham (or as I read it, Got Ham?), is the only comic book based TV show that actually frames story and images and plot like comic books do. The first season was truly shit. It has gotten better and better. The last 2 seasons have been BATSHIT CRAZY. I cannot believe that they air that show on Fox on prime time. it is so violent. so very very violent. worse than some HBO shows I have seen.

You must not read comics.

All those terrible CW shows play out exactly like silver age DC stories (lamely an with lots of dumb shit) with some millennial melodrama added for (bad) flavor.

Preacher plays like a comic book.

Legion REALLY plays like a Sienkiewicz-era New Mutants tale (which it is, to a point), and Daredevil ad Jessica Jones both have pacing and structure pulled right from a Brian Michael Bendis book.

Gotham plays like the abortion of a fetus conceived by a dim witted studio hack and Tim Burton. If there are comics that read like that, I’m glad I haven’t read them (which is weird because I’ve read more comics than you would believe).

Also, season 1 was the only good season. The show SHOULD be a gritty realistic noir about Gordon’s rookie days, with NO BAT SHIT and NO SUPERNATURAL/PARANORMAL/SUPERPOWERED SHIT. Instead, it has TWO FUCKING JOKERS, mutants, regeneration, fucking BANE (???) and Poison goddamn Ivy and a *16-year-old faux-Bruce Wayne bearing up gangs of full-grown men after boxing with his negligent parent-butler a few times.*

SPIT!

It’s shit, and is an insult to every character it portrays.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|