View Single Post
Old 07.09.2015, 11:01 AM   #39308
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but you realize that the fully artificial wasteful self-gratifying model is actually possible because they are the only ones who can enforce the right of artists with some measure of success, yes?

because the artist alone is naked in the world. and so they must pay "protection" to a media racket by selling their rights to them.

because as little as they get, a little is more than the nothing they would get from the oh-so-generous (yeah right) public.

in other words, if we were a less cunning and thieving predatory exploitative species we'd all pay the artists directly and need no lawyers. we'd all be writing checks to cat power-- "thanks for those great moments! here's $1,000!". but as it is, artists need lawyers if they want to eat, and we can blame the lawyers all we want but that's just not being honest with ourselves.

our society devalues art, treating it solely as a sell-able commodity. There has to be a good middle ground somewhere