View Single Post
Old 06.16.2007, 03:54 PM   #44
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansjoakim
but what about the celebs doing SY songs? i mean, why? if they got some nice indie bands to do covers that'd be one thing. i just don't see the motivation for this disc in the first place. if SY got a song they'd like to put out somewhere, put it on a 7".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
Yeah. We sort of devised this idea of a Sonic Youth record where we asked all these different people to choose their favorite song, people like artists and actors and other musicians and what have you. So all these people, from Jeff Tweedy to Beck to Marc Jacobs to Portia de Rossi to Michelle Williams [laughs], they all chose their favorite songs and wrote a little thing about it. So it's a compilation record of artists choosing songs of Sonic Youth. There's going to be one exclusive song of ours that we'll record, so that's something we have to record.

it's their songs, not covers

and you know, Starbucks' Hear music label is an INDEPENDENT label, it's not under control from Universal, EMI, Warner or Sony BMG, i don't get the sell-out label anyways, it's a rather pompous tag to label someone like Sonic Youth whose credentials are quite intact
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|