View Single Post
Old 01.31.2021, 07:04 PM   #24845
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
when i saw the first one when it came out i was like "oooh dreamzzz" and when i watched it again recently i laughed like "that's too much woman for dat fool." but i also laughed at myself for liking it the way i did and having been dat fool. i used to have a girlfiend halfway around the world too and celebrated bloomsday and listened to dylan thomas etc. and what i mean is, i like it different now than i did then, but i still like it (and i can laugh at it/them). it's a nice monument to late late adolescence.

Brilliant.

I have discussions with a few people who watched these when they were released, and their favourite ones and feelings about each one changes with age.

I (currently) love the middle one best. In just over an hour in real time, they go from a surprise reunion to both of them knowing that he will miss that plane. The pacing never feels rushed/forced. In a just world, the ending of this film would be as well known as "We'll always have Paris". Delpy is fucking genius. Hawke is also. What they do in those long takes is nothing short of astonishing.