View Single Post
Old 07.30.2008, 03:24 AM   #53
therealglenstyler
stalker

therealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard suckatherealglenstyler cold hard sucka
I can't tell in the interview if he's talking about the songs or the sound in particular but I can sympathise with how agonising re-visiting old stuff can be for sure.

Production wise most people are never likely to have all the opprtunities and support to create a "perfect" sound let alone be so static and consistent in their tastes that revisiting an old recording wouldn't throw up some stuff your contemporary self wouldn't like to sort out or would do differently.

song wise, of course your gonna be a different person from when you wrote something the first time but i think the values and spirit with which you enter into writing a song can be pretty simple ie, to do good, unselfconcious work in honouring your inspiration/idea. personally i reckon if you get that right then you'll be able to look back and at least relate to who you were/what you were trying for at the time, of course that's unlikely to make actually playing it out to others any less of a gigantically toe curling proposition but hey.
therealglenstyler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|