View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 02:31 PM   #103
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shitstain
put myself in sonic youths shoes? i dont know if i really understand the way they want to put out an album. if they want to put out an album so that everyone gets it at the same time, the same quality? then just put the best possibly quality (if thats what they want) on the internet. this does not meet a lot of peoples demands on sonic youth and does not make them much money, but that is a way. or if they still wanted to go the cd route, they could not send advance copies to anyone and keep it very tight. but the reality is, it will be leaked. the only way you can control it not being leaked is by leaking it yourself, and by leaking it yourself i mean releasing the album officially on the internet.

chabib your argument about release dates giving everyone a fair chance to hear it at the same time so no one can hold anything over anyones head is the same reasoning people use to make people wear uniforms

this is the response i expected... you seem to carry on about how you feel you want to hear the music the band has created without really thinking like Sonic Youth... i think alot of the fans who have downloaded as they've itched too long to not hear the album NOW are just being utterly impatiently selfish, thats the bottomline. how has it become the public (fans) right to hear the music entirely on their terms when the music itself is copyrighted to the artists the originators of it... being a musician myself, i'd have to say that i'd be quite dissappointed if i knew my band's album that was to be released (in a couple of months) was being distributed in this fashion but thats just my opinion.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|