View Single Post
Old 12.19.2016, 04:29 PM   #18
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Junkie's Promise for me...
I got into SY with EJST&NS. I started getting into a few of the back catalog albums throughout the next year. WM was my first "new" SY album. To me, Thurston's past songs were always lyrically very abstract and fun, but Junkie's Promise was too serious. I just thought the rhymes were also really cheesy and simple. It felt stock and too "try-hard." Plus, the whole idea of "was this about Kurt or not about Kurt" mystique turned me off on it. I love the song itself, just think the lyrics are total shit.

Pantie Lies...
(I have said this before on these forums) But I always felt Panties Lies was the PERFECT musically thematic counterpart to Androgynous Mind, which had become one of my favorite songs on EJST&NS. Felt this from the very first listen and have always, always had a soft spot for it as well. Has some great Lee playing on it, imo.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|