View Single Post
Old 01.03.2008, 05:36 PM   #82
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The generational thing is odd. People of my generation (actually I'm not a baby boomer but just past that, more a 70s me-generationer) experienced this big gap between their parents tastes and their own. Usually this was the case, anyway, and if it wasn't, if the parents co-opted their kids music, it was considered kind of "icky" on the parents' part, creepy, like that dad of the redheaded girl on That 70s Show.

These days it seems very common for kids and parents to listen to and like the same music, mostly the stuff the parents grew up with! I find that bizarre. I'm sorry, but I think it is bizarre. It deprives the kid of that natural rebellion he or she should be expressing against parents.