View Single Post
Old 01.18.2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I know I read something like that on Brainwashed. I was pretty shocked. The band started in a pretty goddamn cushy political climate. Then they broke up during the most controversial US presidential administration of the last quarter century. They're politically minded, but they're not rage against the machine.

I've never defined them by their politics, or by their political relevance. I think A Silver mt Zion got it right with that "this is our punk rock" thing. The revolutionary feel of GYBE has always felt more like a revolution for the sake of "because I fuckin' can and because You're a boring fuck, wasting your life." GYBE is not Country Joe as the Fish, Bob Dylan, or even Bob Marley. They're closer to the sex pistols, oddly. Sex pistols for "college boy" and his non profit workin' girlfriend who makes her own soap.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|