View Single Post
Old 10.28.2017, 11:45 AM   #21801
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
So. I've read more than enough books about the whole French new wave movement, seen enough films to know who was doing what and why. That doesn't mean I'm going to like somebody just cos I'm meant to.

Give me and Agnes Varda film over both those guys if you wanna talk about the new wave scene. I've also gotten more out of any Renoir film than I have from both Godard's and Truffaut's films
right i mentioned i wasn’t gonna discuss tastes because if you just don’t like the people you don’t like it.

so i’m not addressing what you like or don’t like but your use of the adjective overrated. which is not about your tastes but the rating people give it.

if you read all these books you said then you know all the innovations that jules et jim brought to film and what it meant to for its time and for filmmaking history then you can admit it’s an important film but you don’t like the characters.

i have the same problem with leni riefenstahl btw. super important innovator, bores me to tears, hate her main character.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|